Blackjack is a game with simple rules, but it is also a game of skill where the way you play directly impacts the outcome of the game. The house edge in a game of blackjack can be between 2-5%; however, by using basic blackjack strategy, you can reduce the house edge to as low as 0.5%. Use these tips to increase your chances of winning at Casino Midas!
What is the Best Blackjack Strategy?
- Most “experts” would tell you that there is no best strategy, but there are several to choose from and players just need to find the one that suits them best.
- A very popular trick used by those at land based casinos is card counting, whereby players keep track of the cards, but this is sometimes considered problematic and management might ask you to leave the casino. In many movies you might have seen some casino security huge and scary-looking guy staring at somebody and then approaching him with “all but good intentions”! The truth is that counting cards is not easy and it is not beneficial unless the player is familiar with some basics of blackjack strategy.
- Many online players choose to use blackjack charts in order to calculate the best move when presented with certain card combinations.
How Do You Use Blackjack Charts?
- Blackjack charts provide optimal play for any combination of two cards you are dealt, compared to the dealer’s face-up card.
- A blackjack chart is based on mathematical calculations and will let you know if you should hit, stand, double down or split your cards.
- While players in land casinos are not allowed to use charts, online players can. These cards can be kept right next to you when you are playing online blackjack and you can refer to them as often as possible.
- The best idea is to memorise the cards’ information so that you can play a faster and smoother game. One of the most popular methods to memorise the information is to fill out blank charts.
How Do You Best Manage Your Blackjack Bankroll?
- Always set aside a specific bankroll for blackjack play and make sure you stick to that bankroll, without dipping into any other funds.
- Choose your blackjack table with care. Make sure you choose a table that suits your bankroll and with a maximum bet of no more than 5% of your total bankroll.
- A game with a surrender option, particularly an early surrender option will offer you a worthwhile advantage. In addition, if you can find a table where the house rules state that the dealer must stand on a soft 17 you will increase your advantage. Doubling down is often limited and if you are able to double down on any two cards you will have an increased advantage.
- Some players use betting systems and these can be useful in helping to limit your betting and your losses and stay in control of your bankroll.