Players from all around the world love playing Blackjack. The game dates back many centuries and has been popular for as long as it has been played. If you have never played online Blackjack before, you might enjoy this casino card game that requires both thinking skills and a bit of luck. Visit Casino Midas NZ to learn the rules and practice the strategy with free Blackjack games before you play for real money.
Practice and Win
One of the unique features of the game is that it is a fantastic mix of luck and skill, where players cannot rely solely on luck to win, but still are at the mercy of the total randomness of the cards being dealt. However, optimal fundamental Blackjack strategy is simple to learn and there are many tools available to help you.
The object of the game is to get closer to 21 than the Dealer without going over. You are dealt two face-up cards and the Dealer is dealt two cards, one face up and the other face down. The total value of your hand is determined by the value of your cards being added together, with the number cards 2-10 being worth their face value, the face cards Jack, Queen, and King worth ten, and Aces are worth one or eleven. Players can Hit to receive an additional card, or Stay to make their final hand, but if the hand goes over 21, the hand “busts” and loses. A two-card hand valued at 21 is known as a Blackjack and pays out 3 to 2.
Strategies include Splitting two-card hand of a pair of cards of equal value into two separate hands, each being able to win independently, and Doubling Down, where the player receives only one additional card to their two-card hand. In both instances, an additional wager equal to the initial bet must be placed. Other strategies include utilizing a Blackjack chart, as well as incorporating a progressive betting system.
Practicing with free Blackjack games is a smart move for any new player or for those who want to gain a significant advantage. Before you begin to play, we recommend you familiarize yourself with the basics to make sure you give yourself the best start in order to win.
This is especially true given the fact that there are a slew of Blackjack variations, each with their own set of particular rules. You can play all of them for free to discover the peculiarities of each. Here is a quick guide to some of the more popular variations outside of the original. While they all follow the same object of the game, additional rules vary.
- Pontoon: In Pontoon, rather than Blackjack paying 3 to 2, it is known as a Pontoon and pays 2 to 1, as do five-card hands. That is hugely advantageous to the player’s winning potential, but it comes with the caveat that the player must hit on a fourteen or less.
- Face Up 21: In this variation, both the player’s and the Dealer’s cards are face-up, adding an enormous advantage to the player strategy, and Blackjack also pays out 1 to 1. However, players can only double down on two-card hard totals of 9, 10, or 11.
- Super 21: In Super 21, Blackjack pays even money, and bonus payouts of 2 to 1 are awarded for 5-card and 6-card 21s, as well as diamond Blackjacks! The player can also surrender at any time.
- Match Play 21: This variation has all the ten cards removed from the deck, which is a disadvantage to the player. However, specific combinations of cards, like a 6-7-8 of Spades, pays out 3 to 1, and the Match Play 21 hand pays out a massive 40 to 1!
- Blackjack + Perfect Pairs: This variation has the exact same rules as the classic game. However, the player has the option to place a side bet that they will be dealt a “perfect pair.” A pair in different colours pays out 6 to 1, in the same colour pays out 12 to 1, and in the same suit pays out 25 to 1! After the first two cards are dealt, the perfect pair bet is decided and the game moves forward as normal.
- European Blackjack: The Dealer is given only one face-up card, which means that all the other cards in the deck can potentially be dealt to the player. Because of this huge advantage, players are limited to doubling on hard hands of 9, 10, or 11 only.
Play Free Blackjack at Casino Midas
There are many ways to practice, and playing online is the best place to start. When you play at Casino Midas New Zealand, you will have the choice to play free Blackjack in the fun mode or for real money. The fun mode is available for every game of our casino lobby.
Playing for free gives you the chance to learn the rules of the game, understand the basic strategy, and practice without risking any of your bankroll. You can play free online Blackjack for as long as you want and then switch over to the real money mode when you are ready to play to win real money. As mentioned before, you can play any variation for free (as well as any other game!); however, if you are new to the game, it is recommended that you start learning how to play on the classic version. Keep a strategy chart next to you for starters and learn it as you practice.
At Casino Midas, player comfort is our top priority. We appreciate every player individually, ready 24/7 to take every question seriously and solve any doubts immediately. We employ the same 128-bit encryption technology used at the top financial institutions in the world, while also making available the most popular, trusted, and respected payment methods in New Zealand. While you can play for free with practice credits, you can also play with free money for real money with our massive Welcome Bonuses, furthering our goal of cultivating a virtual betting experience of an unmatched value. The promotions continue long after you first register, and we can’t wait to show you everything we have to offer.